Dorothy Scott, WAFS

Title

Dorothy Scott, WAFS

Subject

Scott, Dorothy, 1920-1943

Description

Portrait of Dorothy Scott

The Women's Auxiliary Ferrying Squadron was started in 1942 with the appointment of Nancy Love as director of 28 highly qualified civilian women pilots stationed at New Castle Army Air Base. "The Originals". as they called themselves, began by ferrying light aircraft and primary trainers then moved to larger aircraft including pursuti planes like the P-51. In August 1943, the WAFS and the Women's Flying Training Detachment were merged into one program named the Women Airforce Service Pilots or WASP.

Date

1942

Rights

Materials may not be used without permission. For further information, please contact (940) 898-3751 or womenshistory@twu.edu

Type

Photographs

Identifier

MSS 600c.1.2

Rights Holder

Woman's Collection, Texas Woman's University, P.O. Box 425528, Denton, TX 76204.

Files

600 1 2.jpg

Citation

“Dorothy Scott, WAFS,” TWU Digital Exhibits, accessed June 18, 2024, http://exhibits.twu.edu/ex/items/show/141.